Monday 19 March 2012

A stroll down the beach....

Bismillah...

Assalamualaikum~

Alhamdulillah selesai sudah integrasi 1 untuk blok 23. But forget not Asyiqin, you have mini OSCE in two days.  I didn't do very well the first time, so I need to be at the ready for the second one this month and hope for the best. I stayed up all night yesterday, only to have less than 30 minutes of sleep for the last 32 hours. I couldn't even climb up the stairs without wobbling. My bag felt so heavy I almost toppled over a few times. Then, after the exam...a class. I slept for a few minutes in class before I was jerked awake by the noise the other students were making. And not long after that, the class ended. It's time for me and my housemates to head home.

As we were walking out of the class, I speed-walked (didn't bother to wait for any of my housemates) coz I couldn't hold the sleepiness any longer. I needed to sleep. But I was too tired, I decelerated and walked a steady pace. I looked at the sky, it was not blue. Not as bright as usual. It was grey. Rain is bound to fall tonight, I thought to myself. So, I walked alone (not really alone, just nobody by my side). Looked at my feet, one step after the other. Felt the wind blowing through my face. It reminded me of the beach. So, I walked even slower. My housemates in the distance. I didn't want to catch up to them. I wanted to be alone. Flushing everything out of my head. Imagining myself strolling down a white sandy beach. Avoid stepping on seashells or shards of glass.


In reality, the path I was taking was far from what I imagined. It doesn't smell like the ocean. No white sand. No seashells. Being sleep-deprived really made my mind go wild. I was in a far far away land. I need to go somewhere, where I can sit and don't think. At all. Just enjoy the scenery and the time. Not worrying about anything. Just me and Allah. If I could survive that, I would have done it. Swimming all day and sit by the campfire by night. Oh, so carefree.

I imagined waterfalls in front of me. Cold clear water. Little fish swimming in the splashing water underneath. Rainbows (yes, multiple) over my head. Trying to grasp it, if possible keep it in a jar. A jar of rainbow. If only~ Ah, imagination.


I should be sleeping right now but instead, I'm wide awake. 34 hours and counting...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fuhyooo asyiqin punya imaginasi @_@

Asyiqin said...

Fuaaah~ Yela, mane nak dpt in real life. Imagine je la yang mampu~ :(